Thought you knew everything about The Big Bang Theory? Here are some few amazing facts about the cast of everyone’s favorite comedy show.
- Jim Parsons and Mayim Bialik who play Sheldon and Amy on the show, learned to play the theremin and the harp respectively for the show. Johnny Galecki who plays the cello on the show, learnt to play it at an early age.
- Although he is a complete Star Trek nerd on the show, Jim Parsons has never actually seen it.
- One of the commonly known facts among The Big Bang Theory fan-base is that actress Mayim Bialik has a degree in neuroscience in real life.
- Kaley Cuoco who plays Penny on the show is a really good lawn tennis player IRL.
- Simon Helberg has showbiz in his blood, he is the son of actor Sandy Helberg and casting director Harriet Helberg.
- On the show, the character of Sheldon can’t drive and prefers to be chauffeured around. In real life however, Jim Parsons gets motion sickness while riding in cars and prefers to drive instead.
- Kaley Cuoco, Johnny Galecki and Jim Parsons are the highest paid TV actors in the world, raking in a cool $1million per episode.
- Many consider Sheldon’s behavior, quirks, and social skills on The Big Bang Theory as a sign that Sheldon has Asperger’s syndrome or something similar. The creators of the show however have consistently denied it. What’s ironic though is that actor Jim Parsons has stated that he does think that Sheldon actually does have Asperger’s syndrome and portrays him with that in mind.
- Stuart Bloom, played by Kevin Sussman, who owns the local the comic book store which is a regular hangout for the Big bang theory gang, has actually worked in a comic book store before he became an actor.
- Kunal Nayyar who envisages the role of Raj, a character who is plagued by selective mutism on the show, is married to a former beauty queen. Vogue magazine even dubbed them “Beauty and the Geek.”
- The number 73 which is also the year in which Jim Parsons was born, is known to be his lucky number. He has worn t-shirts with the number on multiple occasions on the show.
- Melissa Rauch who plays the convent schooled, Catholic scientist Bernadette on the show is actually Jewish.
What do you think? Know of any more amazing facts about these stars? Let us know in the comments section below.
Image Courtesy: CBS