Children of any age can now apply for Aadhar card and use it as an identity proof. More so, to encourage Aadhar enrollment, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is offering Aadhar to children for free. No enrollment fee has to be paid by children for their Aadhar card. The enrollment process for children has been kept very simple and is mostly dependent on the documents of their parents.
How to get your child an Aadhar card?
- Visit the nearest Aadhar center with your child.
- Carry your Aadhar card along with the birth certificate of the child.
- If your child goes to school, then carry the photo id issued by the school.
- Your address and ID proofs will be required, as your child’s data is linked with yours.
- There won’t be any biometric for a child up to 5 years of age.
- Your child’s Aadhar card will be linked with your Aadhar card i.e. parent’s Aadhar card.
- Once the officiating Aadhar agent verifies, records and collects all the data, he will give you a period in which you will get intimation about your child’s Aadhar card. The hard copy of the child’s Aadhar will be dispatched to your address as per the records.
- Once the child turns 5 years or 15 years old, the child will have to update his biometric details. No fee will be charged at that stage also.
How to book an online appointment for your child’s Aadhar card?
- Go to https://uidai.gov.in/my-aadhaar/get-aadhaar.html
- Fill in the necessary details as indicated
- Select “Fix Appointment” button
- An appointment is booked, and you will be given a reference number.
- Visit your nearest Aadhar center with the reference number and your child.