PAN Card is one of the most important documents that an Indian citizen can acquire through a government body. Not only it works as an Identity proof but also helps keep track of your financials.
In India, you’ll be obstructed on multiple occasions if you do not have a proper PAN card while doing activities related to banking.
Apart from that, imagine the horror on someone’s face when they’ve got themselves a PAN card but due to a slight error all, their banking related applications are being rejected.
One such flaw is the signature mismatch and it can be altered with the following steps.
- Visit NSDL’s website.
- Apply for PAN Change Request.
- Select Applicant’s category and proceed.
- In the next for, fill every required detail.
- Also, check the box that says ‘Signature Mismatch’.
- Enter the address where the updated PAN is to be delivered.
- Submit proof of identities such as Aadhaar number or others, if selected.
- You can process the application if you have DSC (Digital Signature Certificate), in this case, all you have to do is upload a copy of your new signature. When done, fill in some required details and click submit.
- You’ll be asked to pay a sum of INR 110 (for Indian residents only).
- Pay the amount and proceed.
- You will get an acknowledgment number and an acknowledgment form with the details of all that has to be altered in the PAN Card.
- Along with the printed form, attach two colored photos of yours with cross signature and pack it in an envelope which is to be mailed to NSDL.
- The envelope should have the heading ‘An Application For PAN Change Request -Acknowledgment Number’.
- Upon receival, you’ll get notified by email.
- Furthermore, you can track the status of your PAN card alteration via the acknowledgment number using the NSDL portal.