One must keep the EPF account updated as it is helpful in several ways, especially while applying for EPF withdrawal. Also, keeping the EPF status updated helps in showing and tracking continuity of service. Exit date is the date when you had quit your last employer, which is important information that EPFO seeks. Erstwhile, employees were dependent upon previous employers for updating their exit date, who may not cooperate. To take care of this problem, EPFO has facilitated employees with the freedom to update their exit date online.
How can you update your exit date on EPFO?
- Please note that you can update your “Exit date” only two months after you have quit your previous employer.
- Logon to https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ with your UAN and password.
- On the top bar of the homepage, click on the “Manage” dropdown. You will see an option of “Mark Exit”, click that option.
- On clicking the Mark Exit option, the portal will ask you to choose the employment you want to mark an exit from. Choose your previous employer.
- Fill in details such as the date of exit and reason for the exit. The reason could be anything, say personal or professional reasons.
- Click on the option of OTP, which shall be sent to your mobile number linked with your Aadhar number. Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number and click update.
- On completion of the above process, you will receive an exit date update message on your registered mobile number.
- Login back to https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/, go to “view” and then “service history”, where you can see your updated “Exit date”.