Delhi transport minister Kailash Gahlot has stated earlier to the news agency ANI that following the recent law that was passed by The Supreme Court, it is going to be mandatory for vehicles to have High-Security Registration Plates (HSRP) and color-coded strip to determine the fuel it runs on and it’s the engine. It is also known as the third registration mark.
This step has been taken to gain uniformity in the numbering system of
vehicles. The vehicle owners will be fined from 5000-10000 who doesn’t have either of the HSRP or color-coded strip on their vehicle.
Latest Updates on High Security Registration Plates (HSRP)
- All the HSRP should have a similar font and design; White background with black numbers.
- It should have Blue colored Ashoka Chakra on its left side. Private vehicles will also have a similar number plate.
- It won’t be easy to remove as it will be fixed using snap-on locks that are non-removable.
Everything about Color Coded Stickers:
- It will be fixed behind the windscreen of the car like a hologram.
Orange Color: Vehicle that runs on Diesel.
- Blue Color: Vehicle that uses old fuels like BS-III and BS-IV
- Blue Background with Green Strip: Vehicle that runs on petrol, which CNG with the new BS-VI engine.
How to apply for the registration of HSRP AND Color-coded sticker?
Step 1: Log on to the official website www.bookmyhsrp.com
Step 2: Click on “High-Security Registration Plate with Color Coded
Step 3: Select from “Vehicle Type”
Step 4: Then select the brand of the vehicle
Step 5: Select the state for the registration of the vehicle.
Step 6: Now choose what type of vehicle you won from “Private and
Step 7: Select the type of fuel your vehicle runs on.
Step 8: Now, you have to select between how do you want to get an
HSRP and Color-coded sticker. If through delivery then it will cost you
another Rs 250. If directly, the additional cost won’t be added.
Step 9: Make an appointment according to the time slot that is available
after selecting a date.
Step 10: Pay through an online gateway. After which a receipt will be
issued in your name, that you will receive.