Acne is a skin condition that affects primarily the face of people. Other parts of the body like neck, back, chest and shoulders could be affected too. The reasons, (often stress) depend on the age of the person but is predominantly observed in teenagers. The pores of the skin are clogged with oil and dirt. It causes emotional distress, lowers self-esteem and also leaves the skin scarred. There are certain risk factors which potentially cause acne.
But not all is lost, you can take the following super-easy steps to help the acne reduce:
- Control oil: Oil in the pores of your skin aggravate the acne. Research shows that chocolate increases acne in men. Avoid carb- rich foods like bread with excessive butter, cheese, as it can lead to further triggering of acne.
- Cleanliness: People with oily skin need to keep clean. Simply washing your face with water will work wonders. But one must stick to the washing routine.
- Cut the slack: Take a break, move out and breathe fresh air. Reduce stress and your skin will thank you for it.
You can also prevent acne by doing the following:
- Eat healthy: Nothing better than natural foods like a healthy salad or fresh fruits. Either as a snack or munch- on, natural foods work well on the skin.
- Gut health: If your stomach is healthy, then your skin is too. Regular bowel movement leads to better glowing skin.
- Oral hygiene: Brushing your teeth and keeping oral hygiene has an effect on your skin and leaves you feeling fresh. More often than not, hygiene is essential to show your skin some love.
What do you think? Do you have any home remedies that did wonders for you? Let us know in the comments below.