The Aadhaar card is an important document for every Indian citizen. The Aadhaar card is not an ordinary document, it is considered as a primary identity card. Aadhaar is essential for any financial transaction and availing government schemes. The Aadhaar card not only contains information such as address but also encloses one’s biometric information. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), issuing body of the Aadhaar card, has announced that soon ‘Baal Aadhaar’ for children below five years of age will be issued.
Blue-coloured Aadhaar Card
Every parent of children below five years of age will have to obtain ‘Baal Aadhaar’ for their child. The ‘Baal Aadhaar’ issued to these children will be in blue colour. While furnishing the identity of the child with Baal Aadhaar, the child’s parents will have to accompany him/her. As the child turns five years old, he/she will have to visit the nearest Aadhaar centre and get the biometric details registered with the same Aadhaar number.
UIDAI tweeted that there will be no fingerprint and eye scan for children below five years of age. When the child is between the age of five to fifteen years, their biometric can be updated on this same Aadhaar number. The UIDAI has informed that the parents will have to provide their fingerprints for authentication if the child is below five years of age.
Here’s how you can avail ‘Baal Aadhaar’ for your child:
- Firstly, you will have to visit the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre with your child and fill up the enrolment form.
- It is essential to carry the birth certificate of both the child and the parent at the centre.
- The child’s live photo will be taken at the centre which will be reflected on the ‘Baal Aadhaar’.
- The child’s Baal Aadhaar will be linked with the Aadhaar card of either the mother or the father.
- You will also have to submit your registered mobile number.
- After verification and registration, a confirmation message will be delivered to the registered mobile number.
- The Baal Aadhaar will be delivered to the registered address within 60 days of receiving the confirmation message.