The Income Tax (I-T) Department is going to launch a new ‘taxpayer friendly’ income tax e-filing portal – www.incometax.gov.in, on June 7, 2021, as the Central Board of Direct Taxes mentioned earlier this month that all the existing portals will be out of service for a period six days beginning next month, that is from June 1 to June 6.
On May 19, Income Tax Department announced that the transition from the old website – www.incometaxindiafiling.gov.in to the new – www.incometax.gov.in will be completed and will be fully functional from June 7.
The new e-filing portal is focused to provide taxpayers a convenient and modern experience in the future. The Central Board of Direct Taxes has requested the taxpayers to be patient during the transition period as they will not be able to perform any activity on the portal.
Check out the new features and benefits of the upgraded ITR website
INCOME TAX DEPARTMENT TO LAUNCH ITS NEW E-FILING PORTAL HTTPS://T.CO/GYVO3N9WMF ON 7TH JUNE, 2021.
EXISTING ITD PORTAL IE HTTPS://T.CO/EGL31K6SZN WOULD NOT BE AVAILABLE TO TAXPAYERS/OTHER STAKEHOLDERS FOR A BRIEF PERIOD OF 6 DAYS I.E. FROM 1ST JUNE, 2021 TO 6TH JUNE, 2021.(1/2) PIC.TWITTER.COM/HDHYIBMRKZ
— INCOME TAX INDIA (@INCOMETAXINDIA) MAY 20, 2021
- There are many taxpayers who still lack tax knowledge, that is why ITR preparation software will be available for free online and offline along with pre-filing, interactive questions in order to minimize data entry effort and to help taxpayers for better understanding.
- The new taxpayer-friendly portal will be integrated with the immediate processing of Income Tax Returns (ITR) to issue quick refunds to taxpayers.
- New call center services will be established to assist taxpayers with immediate answers and solve their queries with FAQs, videos, tutorials, and chatbot/live agent.
- To promote the easy payment of taxes the department will enable the new online tax payment system with multiple payment options using net banking, UPI, Credit Card, and RTGS/NEFT from any account of the taxpayer in any bank.
- All interactions and uploads or pending actions will be displayed on a single dashboard for follow-up action by taxpayers.
- All the important functions of this portal on the desktop will be available on a mobile application that will enable access on a mobile network.
What is an e-filing portal?
It is a portal that is established to provide convenient services to taxpayers to file their individual or business category income ITR’s and also give them an opportunity to raise complaints regarding refunds and other works with the tax department.
A taxman’s job is to use it and issue new notices, get responses from the taxpayers and respond to their unanswered queries and communicate final orders like assessments, appeals, exemption, and penalties, among others.