The Coronavirus pandemic has, quite literally, brought the economic world to a standstill. There are lockdowns being implemented everywhere. As a result of this, businesses are finding it harder than ever to sustain the company and the employees without having any income pouring in, in the form of profits.
This pushes entrepreneurs and business owners to resort to the ugliest way out – cost-cutting. Employees are losing out on jobs and thereby any means of income. Especially in trying times like these, losing out on income is the last thing anyone would want.
But all hope is not lost yet.
The only industries currently functioning in full swing are those that are providing essential services. And with other industries shutting down, the weight of consumer demand has fallen on the shoulders of essential service providers. This has compelled essential service providers to hire more people to meet the exceeding and unpredicted influx of demand.
Companies that are currently hiring
If you find yourself at the crossroads, wondering where you should go, now that you have lost your job, well, here’s what may help you. Below is a list of companies that are hiring in these tough times.
- Walmart: Walmart, for as long as it has existed, has been the provider of essential services. It is the nation’s largest retailer and has put a word out that it is looking to hire an additional 50,000 employees to basically deal with the increased demand. There is a wide range of positions up for grabs which include cashiers, stockers, and personal shoppers.
- Papa John’s: When people are stuck in lockdown, the next thing that strikes is hunger. Papa John’s is cashing in on this and that is why the beloved pizza chain has immediately started hiring 20,000 team members to deliver meals across many states in the USA.
- Amazon: Amazon is currently hiring 100,000 people all across the USA to fulfill an upward trend in orders. The online delivery platform has also decided to temporarily increase the pay by $2 per hour for hourly employees.
- Domino’s: Domino’s Pizza has also stated that it will be hiring about 10,000 workers to meet the increase in orders. Domino’s seems to be adapting its delivery method by offering customers the option of contact-less delivery.
- Stop & Shop: The grocery chain will hire at least 5,000 new workers for regular part-time positions all across the US. In times like these, grocery chains have emerged to be life-savers.
Though the times may appear to be trying at the moment, there are ways to make it work. If you have lost your job for any reason, you have nothing to worry about. These companies will take you in based on the skills you have, and there will be no stoppage in your income.
Along with the ones mentioned above, there are also companies like Sheetz, Blue Apron, Instacart, Lowe’s, Dollar General, CVS and Whole Foods Market offering jobs to many across America