With the variety of the sweet treats available today, craving for sweet is totally another ball game. With diabetes, its types and the increase in cholesterol, there is a necessity to curb eating sweet. An occasional indulgence did no one any harm, but a prolonged sweet tooth and an over- board attitude works to create health issues. While there are tests for diabetes, controlling blood sugar is a must.
You can control your blood sugar in the following ways:
- Control Sweet treats: Sweets are to be curbed to a great extent in the diet. Artificial sweeteners are have their hidden carbs therefore strictly stick to natural sweeteners found in fruits.
- Control Carbs: Carbohydrates are another strict no. Try not pulling out rice and bread from the grocery rack. These are rich in carbohydrates. Now you would need good carbs like brown rice and brown bread and not the unhealthy ones (white rice and white bread and fries!). If you want to go step further to practicing a healthy diet, try out the latest super-food on the block, Quinoa. We also have some amazing recipe ideas in there for you.
- Add Greens: Bring on the fresh greens like kale, herbs and the good ol’ spinach. At least 2.5 cups of veggies in our daily diet are necessary according to a recent research.
- Fruity-fruits: Fruits not only help satisfy the sweet craving that you long for but also adds the needed roughage for good gut health and a glowing skin.
- Exercise: Easier said than done. Start with stretches, walking and cycling and then move to the ones with core strength and controlling weight. Check out our top 3 home-workout plans.
The longest journey starts with a single step, and these little lifestyle changes can go a long way to make controlling your blood sugar a cake-walk (pun unintended). However consistency is a must if you want to see results that last. Let us know what you think in the comments below.