For over a month now, people have been living locked up inside their houses, trying to make do with the uncertainty that comes with it. This pandemic has affected quite a lot of lives and people are starting to grow impatient to get out of their houses.
While they were hoping for some respite as the lockdown was about to reach its end on the 4th of May 2020, the government extended the lockdown for two more weeks, from the 4th of May 2020 to the 17th of May 2020. Earlier today, the government divided all districts in the country as per the intensity of the spread of the virus.
These areas are now categorized into Red zones, orange zones, and green zones based on the severity of the spread.
Services that will not be available in this lockdown are mentioned herewith:
- Air travel
- Interstate movement via trains, except special trains which will allow migrants to move to their respective states.
- No metro services
- No interstate movement via roadways
- Schools, colleges and educational institutions will continue to remain shut
- Places that command public gatherings like cinema halls, malls and gymnasiums will continue to remain shut
- All religious places of worship will be closed.
- Any social/political/sports/entertainment gathering will be prohibited.
Things are far from being normal at the moment, as the curve hasn’t budged, much less gotten nearer to flattening. As of 1st of May 2020, there are 35,783 cases of coronavirus detected in India out of which 1,182 have passed away and there are still 25,074 active cases.