Soon India will have its new “Rupees One” currency notes. As per gazette notification G.S.R. 95(E) of the Government of India, the new one-rupee notes shall come into effect from 7-02-2020, the date on which the notes were published in the official gazette. Unlike other denomination notes which are published by the Reserve Bank of India, the new one-rupee notes will be published by the Ministry of Finance. Several changes have been made in the new note, including paper quality, layout, and design changes.
Features of the new One-rupee note
- The new On-rupee notes will be rectangular in layout and its dimensions will be 9.7 x 6.3 cm. The thickness will be 110 microns and they will weigh 90 gm per square meter.
- The new notes will have a bilingual signature of Mr. Atanu Chakraborty, Secretary, Ministry of Finance.
- “भारत सरकार” will be printed above “Government of India”, on the obverse as well as reverse sides of the new note.
- It will have multi-tonal watermarks.
- The notes will be predominantly pink green in color with a combination of multiple colors.
- The reverse side will have a replica of Re 1 coin and its design will be representational of the agrarian economy of India. Also, the surrounding design will depict “Sagar Samrat” the oil exploration platform of India.
- The new note will have Ashoka Pillars imprinted and the words “Satyamev Jayate” will not be present.
- Also, the reverse side of the new note will have an authentic rendering of one rupee value in 15 Indian languages.