Crunchy chicken popcorns are good accompaniments when you are Netflixing for hours. Especially now that restaurants are shut, you might need this all the more to satiate your junk food cravings.
Total time: 30 minutes
Here’s what you will need:
- 250 grams of boneless chicken
- 2 tablespoons corn starch or all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white (or 4 tbsp buttermilk or yogurt)
- 1 cup of bread crumbs or panko crumbs
Ingredients for seasoning:
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- Cut the chicken into tiny bite-sized pieces and ensure that you cut them uniform sizes as this helps in frying them evenly.
- Mix the sliced chicken and seasoning in a bowl and sprinkle some flour and coat the chicken well.
- Pour the egg white into a small bowl and pour the bread crumbs into another small bowl. Place the two bowls side by side.
- Pick up the pieces of chicken and one by one dip them into the egg whites. Remove them from the bowl and roll them in the bowl of bread crumbs. Repeat the process till all your chunks of chicken are coated with egg whites and bread crumbs.
- Rest these for 10-15 mins.
- Heat some oil and gently slide the chicken pieces into it. Do not disturb the chicken pellets for at least a minute lest the bread crumbs begin to loosen up.
- Evenly deep fry all the chicken pieces. Serve hot with ketchup, sauce or any dip of your choice.
For more interesting and easy recipes, stay tuned to this space.