Lockdown can be hard. Here’s how you can keep yourself occupied and satiate your sweet cravings at the same time.
Preparation time: 1 hour
You would need the following ingredients:
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- ¾ cup of vegetable oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and coat two 9-inches round cake pans with cooking spray. Line the bottom of these pans with parchment or butter paper.
- Whisk the cocoa powder and add 1 ½ cup boiling water in a bowl until it all gets smooth and keep it aside. In another container, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl till it all starts to combine. Add the eggs, vegetable oil and sour cream and vanilla and beat it all with a mixer on medium speed for about a minute till it all smoothens out. Reduce the speed to low and beat in the cocoa mixture until it all combines. Lastly, combine it all with a rubber spatula.
- Now, you have the batter. Divide the batter into two separate pans and tap the pans to help the batter settle at the bottom. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Transfer it all on a rack and allow it to cool. Remove the parchment paper and serve.
Let us know how it turns out in the comments down below. Don’t forget to tune in here for many such amazing and easy recipes