This north Indian delicacy is bound to make your evenings all the more perfect. With the perfect balance of taste and health, this is just the snack you cannot get enough of.
Time required: 15 minutes
Here’s what you need to for this:
- 200 grams Paneer
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- ½ tsp garam masala
- Oil for deep frying the paneer pakoda
For the pakoda batter:
- ½ cup besan
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt for taste
- ¾ to 1 teaspoon ajwain
- 1 teaspoon ginger chili paste
- Water as required
- Cut paneer into desired pieces
- Sprinkle red chili onto the paneer pieces in a bowl and add garam masala and chaat masala
- Roll them well in this mixture and set them aside.
- Add besan, flour, salt, ajwain, red chili powder and ginger chili paste to a bowl.
- Pour just enough water to make a runny batter.
- When the oil gets hot enough, dip paneer pieces in this batter and gently slide the batter covered paneer pieces into the pan of boiling oil. Make sure you maintain a distance as the oil may spatter.
- Do not disturb them for at least a minute. Fry them evenly till they turn golden.
- Drain them onto a colander and sprinkle some chaat masala for extra flavor (This is optional).
- Serve hot.
If you liked this recipe, let us know how it turned out in the comments down below. For more recipes, stay tuned to this space