Government, as well as private entities, are all trying to make the life of people easier during these trying times. During the lockdown, the telecom companies have introduced the facility to recharge phones through bank ATMs. Major Telecoms viz Jio, Airtel and Vodafone-Idea have all introduced the facility of recharging phones through ATMs. Jio is the first company to implement this facility for its subscribers.
Telecoms are collaborating with banks for implementing the phone recharging service through ATMs. Airtel has collaborated with HDFC and ICICI Bank, Vodafone-Idea is with HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, SBI, Axis Bank, Citi Bank, DCB Bank, IDBI Bank, and Standard Chartered. Jio has launched the recharge plan in collaboration with State Bank of India, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, IDBI Bank, CitiBank, DCB Bank, AUF Bank, Standard Chartered Bank.
Further, the Airtel subscribers can recharge their phones from select grocery stores and pharmacies. Vodafone users who have an account with ICICI and AXIS banks can recharge their phones through SMS.
Following are the simple step-by-step process for recharging phone through ATM:
- Use ATM/Debit card to access your account
- The phone recharge facility will appear on the dashboard of your account
- Enter the mobile number which needs to be recharged
- Choose the recharge package for your number
- Enter the PIN for your debit card
- Check and confirm all the details before hitting the enter button
- A confirmation message for the recharge will be received on your phone
- You will also receive a message from your bank for a debit of the recharge amount from your account.